Monday 16 September 2013

Rational of Why we chose our song


There are many reasons as to why I chose this song for my music video, I thought it'd be a great track to use as it's a slow starting song which would be a great opportunity to use some overcranking and test my skill with overcranking. as the song progresses into the chorus, the song gets more upbeat, this would be another great opportunity to test my undercranking skills, so in my opinion this song is a great choice for me to incorporate a lot of the skills I have learnt.

Another reason why I chose this song would be because the lyrics would fit really well with something visual. The song lyrics itself talk about a man walking around, and seeing things that remind him of his past, so the idea I came up with would be to do a Narrative Performance Video.


Another aspect I had to think of was the resources available to me at the time which was another brilliant reason for choosing this song, it fits well with the resources available to me. The typical conventions of the genre (Post Grunge) is mostly wearing casual clothes with jeans (usually stonewashed) which isn't actually that hard to come by making it very easy to get the resources that I will need.the video below is another typical Post Grunge song, throughout the video you will see the type of clothing they're wearing is quite casual and simple.




As you can see they're not looking very flash, so costumes would be easy to produce.
Other resources I will need will be the instruments as it's a performance piece and a narrative piece. these would be easy to get, as the music department is available to me for making my video and I am a musician myself so a lot of the materials shouldn't be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment